Monday, January 30, 2012

The TURN

Michael and I strolled along basking in the sun cutting through the winter chill, that moment where the gust of wind brushes your cheeks giving you the taste, feel, and smell of winter while the sunshine provides just enough warmth to keep you outdoors, these opposites that usher in the wonder of nature awakening the fullness to the senses. As we walked, we watched as Bird and Blue-eyes bounded ahead, laughter tumbling over excitement, on a hunt for pinecones while we listened to the steady plodding of Red behind us deeply proclaiming, "BIG, BROWN TRUCK! BIG BROWN TRUCK! BIG BROWN TRUCK!" I watched a slight grin form on the corner of Michael's mouth as he listened to the sound and heart rhythms of our youngest...this stoic of ours....this one not easily won over...this one with a quiet, strong will....Red was on a methodical hunt for the BIG BROWN GARBAGE TRUCK he had spotted at the end of the street. Perserverance being Red's strong suit, he was not easily deterred from his mission, but just as his hunt was coming to a close the truck pulled off without a second glance or concern for Red. His rhythm was broken; he hung his head in despair as, "I AM SOOO SAD," spilled out in Eor-esque fashion. In elation over this breakthrough moment of maturity for our self-reliant two year old, I turned to him praising his understanding and sharing of his heart. His response, "No! This is NOT good. I feel like crying." I solemnly calmed myself asking him if a kiss and hug would make him feel better, which indeed did; then watched as he ran to the arms of his daddy.

Then, the Lord gave me a moment of Selah...this something "to hang upon"

I felt exuberant elation over my son sharing his heart with me. What must be the Father's measure of elation when we muster up enough courage to humble ourselves confessing and sharing our emotions with Him? The I AM knows every thought in our heads and every emotion in our heart before we even understand them, but His delight, His pleasure all hinges on our turn towards Him. This God who loves us beyond all measure, who never looks at us in indifference, and who allows us to bring our garbage truck of fallen emotions to Him in exchange for His purity, His strength, and His passion......WHAT MUST HIS ELATION BE when we come to Him renouncing our emotional "rights," clothing ourselves with humility to receive His robes of righteousness....this is His pleasure...this is His delight...

We come with, "I am sad." His reply, "I hear you. Let me give you joy."

We come with, "I am tired." His reply, "I hear you. I will give you rest."

We come with, "I doubt." His reply, "I know. I have authored and will perfect your faith."

We come with, "I hurt." His reply, "I understand. I will give you comfort."

We come with, "I hate." His reply, "I know. I will give you my love for others."

We come with, "I am confused." His reply, "Let me give you Truth and vision."

We come with, "I am numb." His reply, "Dear one, let me heal you, let me restore you. Let me give you Life."

This marks the beginning of abiding....answering His call to come as you are without delay....the complete sharing of self with the I AM....this communion that brings the clarity of Truth and Grace redirecting our course from the heavy, unrelenting garbage truck of our fallen emotions to the straight path marked out for us as we thankfully run with joy-filled perseverance to eternity in the arms of our Father....

It is all in the turn, this place where we receive our blessings...Let us simply, miraculously, and thankfully ABIDE in the one who resets the compass of our hearts to the WAY, shining TRUTH into our emotions, and filling us with His LIGHT....

"From the FULLNESS of His grace, we have all received one BLESSING after another." John 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment