Saturday, March 26, 2011

They love him, but....

The only downside from our trip to Maui was that somewhere during our flight to the island Bruce went from a complete Momma's boy to only wanting Daddy. I cannot believe how quickly this change happened; it was like someone just flipped a switch. My baby went from being my human barnacle to looking at me saying, "NO, DADDY!!!!!" while shaking his head back and forth in the no gesture just for extra emphasis. Sure, I am great for wiping hands, face, and bottom, but anything fun has to be with Daddy. And, as much as I love watching our kids look up and adore their daddy, I must admit that this "daddy conversion" has a double-edged sword effect on me. Although I have experienced it twice before, my heart and ego took a little larger blow this time since Bruce is the last baby and it happened so fast, no time to prepare myself.
So, I now have three little ones who are completely under the daddy spell. Whitt tells me at least a thousand trillion times (his words) a day that he misses daddy whenever Michael is away for work or play, and when Michael was away on business this week and texted a picture to my phone for the kids, I actually watched as Mae kissed the screen of my phone and said, "I love you, Daddy!" (yes, my heart did melt)
And, here's the kicker, this little spell is just going to get stronger and stronger the more years they spend with him-I know from experience. Yes, there is no doubt about it, they love him, but I really, really LOVE him!!!
Happy Birthday, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment