Monday, March 21, 2011

Go BIG or Go Home....

seems to be Whitt's life motto.
Our beautiful blue-eyed boy turned four yesterday, and ever since day one in utero, this little man of ours has been full of surprises for us. His imagination seems limitless these days. He does everything full on, and all that enthusiasim and energy which challenges me as a parent at times is also the quality that I absolutely adore most in him. He loves others bodly with an open heart and without expectations, and to be honest, most days I pray that I see the sin in my own heart more clearly so that I can love like that. He has started to learn how to focus his energy without stifling the natural joy that seems to spring out of his every pore, and I am loving watching this growth in him. He never ceases to shock and also amaze me!
How thankful Michael and I are that God has much bigger plans than our simple minds do, and as Michael said yesterday, Happy Birthday to the best surprise of our lives!
PS-Imagination at work even in cake making...he requested a monster truck/ hot wheels cake with a track, tunnel, and a firepit! I did my best to accomodate, but cake decorating is clearly not a gift of mine. At least, he thought it was "cool," and really that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment