Thursday, March 10, 2011

On the homefront...

Not much blogging time, but here are a few highlights from the past two weeks...

A fairy princess birthday party for our baby girl, these pictures of our Miss Mae make me smile from the inside out. Oh, I just love all that comes with little girls, especially my little girl. Michael really captured her in these. It amazes me that she always looks so graceful even when she is bubbling over with excitement. I love it when she bubbles over!

And, of course, as a friend said to me about a year ago, "Whitt really knows how to party!" Yes, he does even if it is with twenty-five girls and it means wearing blue fairy wings! Really, it is genius. He is already getting in good with the ladies a year older than him.

Just to let you know my stud husband walked around with blue fairy wings over his suit for an hour and a half because his baby girl requested that he wear them. Now, that is a real man!

Back to the subject of Whitt, he had his first choir performance. He ANNOUNCED (all caps on announced because of the boisterous voice that came with it) that his favorite part was that he was able to see EVERYBODY from up there!!!! I am fairly certain that his response doesn't surprise any of you who know our little man. Between his energy and love of the spotlight and God-willing, we could quite possibly have a very charismatic preacher/ missionary on our hands.

Then , there is poor little B. I am trying to get my act together, and we have started Time Out. This is only after I picked up Whitt from a friend's house, and Whitt had asked his friend's mother if their baby brother hit like ours does : )

First time, not so bad. Second, definitely didn't like it! I DEFINITELY didn't like it either, especially since he only hit me because he was angry that I was leaving him which in a way is really just showing me how much he loves me, but I did pull my rambling emotions together and placed him in time out. I found Mae explaining very seriously to Bruce what time out is all about as if it was a rite of passage in this family.

1 comment:

  1. How in the world do you get Bruce to STAY in time out? Kate explains to Rainer in a very serious tone how "we don't fwow our food on the fwoor, Wainer!"
    Also, maybe Hunter and Michael should get together. Michael in his fairy wings and Hunter in the tutu that Kate requests he wear frequently;)

    ReplyDelete