Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Mommy

Here are a few Mae quotes just from the past two days: I missed a turn while driving. Mae from the backseat, "Oh, that is alright, Mommy! We all make mistakes, and that was really no big deal. I wouldn't even call it a mistake." Bruce had to get his twelve month shots yesterday. First shot (TB in the arm), Bruce didn't cry. Mae, "Wow, Brucie you are such a big, BRAVE boy!!! You make me so proud." Bruce then has to get two shots in his leg. Mae waving his bunny in his face wildly says, "It will just take a second. You will barely feel it, BIG guy! It will help you not get sick. Look at your bunny! I love you." Dr. Catherine, nurse Nikita, and I decided that I didn't even need to be there. Mae had it all under control. Enjoying watermelon juice at Los Tortugas as a post doctor office treat, Mae looks at Bruce, "You are such a cuddly munchkin! I could just eat you up!!!" On a walk around the block after dinner, Whitt races ahead wildly on his Lightning McQueen ride-on. Mae yells, "RED LIGHT!!! Whitt you need to STOP." When she catches up to him, she continues, "It isn't safe for you to be that far away from us. Please listen!" And for the grand finale: Tonight as JJ and Pops got up to leave after dinner, JJ says to Mae and Whitt, "I love you. Be good for Mommy, please." (Daddy was tied up at work) Mae looks back at JJ and says in her best little mommy voice, "JJ, be good to Popsy! And, be good to yourself, OK!?!" From the mouths of babes, I swear she is a better mommy than I am sometimes, and for the record, I could just eat her up!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! She is adorable and you will be so glad that you have these quotes documented. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete