Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's genetic....

Sharks fascinate me. Don't really know why, they just do. "Shark Week" on Discovery is one of my favorite weeks of the summer. I could watch episode after episode. Well, today when I picked Whitt up from school, he immediately ran up to me dragging an enormous stuffed animal shark. He was so excited; he could barely get the story out of his mouth fast enough, "Mommy, Mommy I wrestled the shark into taking a nap with me. He started to roar, but I made him be quiet! We need to respect our friends during rest time. His name is Bruce." (not sure if the name part is a "Nemo" reference or baby brother reference and yes, Whitt basically talks in a stream of consciousness kind-of-way) Whitt is pretty much a mini-Michael, but I am more than happy to take claim to the shark thing. And, I know exactly where I will be the last week of July in the late afternoon when it is just to hot to be outside any longer, snuggled up on the sofa with my little man watching and learning more about sharks. Sounds perfect, doesn't it!?

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! Maybe you should rent jaws :) Just kidding! That movie still scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to tell you but the shark thing is YOU...I can swear to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne never understood the shark thing. I get it totally!!!!

    ReplyDelete