Friday, March 26, 2010

Thirty-one...

It is Michael's birthday today. He is in Austin, TX for a bachelor party, so we celebrated a little early on Wednesday night. Check out the pictures.
The annoying thing about Michael is he seems to get better looking the older he gets. As my body grew while pregnant with our three little ones, he got thinner (really annoying!). He started getting a little bit of grey a couple of years ago, and it looks good on him, a little more distinguished if you ask me. His face never looks tired; I wake up looking completely exhausted.
But even with this annoyance, I realize with each of his birthdays that I love him even more than I did the year before. The more comfortable he becomes in his own skin, the deeper I fall. Moving to Chicago taught me I could make a home with him anywhere. He is home. I love that he can admit he teared up watching Mae sing at her choir performance last Sunday, I love that he looks at Whitt and tells him he has such a handsome face, I love that he is just as natural with baby Bruce as I am, I love how he is always challenging himself. He brings out the best parts of me, and on most mornings as I wake up looking exhausted, I think to myself I won the lottery when it comes to men.
Happy Birthday!!
ps-Michael, this is going to have to count as your birthday card.

1 comment: