Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Many Faces of Red

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil know how to give good gifts to your children,how much more will your Father in heaven give..." Luke 11:9-13

I see no place to rest his head. I search for more; there must be more. Racing past the Answer. My haste makes waste. I refuse to open the door of the moment.

Boy-mine finds rest within His Father's world. A bed of wood on a porch with a breeze. And, wasn't a stone-cold manger room enough for the baby-King. This King who stands at the door and knocks.

Red curls accepts the offering before him; he honors the secret. Acceptance creates room for Magnificence. For when there was no room, Mercy made the Way.

My haste has made waste. I have handed out snakes in a world-wind of rushing. In a search for more, I have slammed the door to endless possibility.

How much more will the Father give...

A morning with a breeze finds me humbling heart, body, and soul. Every inch gets lower as my door-opening son teaches the art of contentedness. We use every God-given sense to explore the created that we may receive the full blessing of the Creator. As I physically get lower, I see the richness of Life. Contentedness is not a brave face, but a myriad of moments all displaying the face of the one, true God.

Acceptance creates room for Magnificence. For when there was no room, Mercy made the Way.

"The secret of being in love, of falling in love with life as it was meant to be, is to befriend our yearning instead of avoiding it, to live into our longing rather than trying to resolve it, to enter the spaciousness of our emptiness rather than trying to fill it up." Gerald May's The Awakened Heart

1 comment: