Monday, October 18, 2010

Whittisms....

These are just a few from today.....
"There is the Mississippi River. One time God turned it into blood." (not quite the Nile, but hey, our city is named after Memphis, Egypt)
----
"Mommy, my favorite thing to do is to stay home from school and be sick. Let's do that tomorrow. That is a great idea!"
Me: "Why do you want to do that? And, by the way, you aren't sick anymore" (he was sick one day last week)
"I feel a cough coming on, and I need to get in bed to watch videos and have breakfast for dinner again to feel better."
----
"Mommy, we are the boss of our bodies."
Me: "Yes"
"But, we are not the president of our bodies, right!?"
----
At bath time, he decided to stand on the edge of the tub and "spray" it down just as I was about to run the water. And, yes, just in case you were wondering, the potty is only about two feet away. Not really sure why he decided to use the tub instead of it.
----
And, finally as he was being tucked in and we were saying prayers, he said, "Thank you Jesus for finding a home in my heart!"
----
What a perfect combination of boyhood wonder, precociousness, mischief, and sensitivity, and all in one day!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Kids say the funniest things! I am with him on have breakfast for dinner and watch movies in bed! That will make me feel better too Mommy!

    ReplyDelete