Friday, October 1, 2010

Grace

From the lips of children and infants, you have ordained praise..." Psalm 8:2a
Michael took this picture last weekend, and I immediately fell in love with it. I never would have seen the way Bruce was looking up at me if Michael hadn't captured that perfect moment (I was busy keeping my eyes on the older two as they danced and darted around the shell). That is the story of sweet Bruce's life-he quietly and patiently goes here and there, just about everywhere, following after Mae and Whitt.
Being a wife and mother of three, I am fully aware that I am unable to meet everyone's needs each day. I fail each of them at some point. I cling to the hope and knowledge that God fills in all those gaps for me, He is made perfect in my weakness. And, although I love them with an intensity I can't even begin to put into words, an ugliness bubbles up in me from time to time, the resentment in my selfish heart whispering when is there time for me. The reality is I always miss them the minute they are gone.
But, in this picture, my precious baby is looking at me with complete love. He isn't thinking about all the ways I have failed him or my many faults; he is just patiently waiting for me to turn and face him, holding on to me the entire time.
As I looked at that captured moment, I thought what a perfect reflection of God's grace for us. How amazing is a God who uses a fourteen month old to remind his mommy once again of our God's love!

2 comments:

  1. I love that photograph! Bruce looks so sweet and I love how he is barely grabbing your hand. So tender....as are your words on grace. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious...I absolutely love it, and I need to hear it over and over and over...!

    ReplyDelete