Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The ROAR heard round the World....

So, after being at the beach all morning and the pool early afternoon, the man and I decided to take the kids to the playground post naps one afternoon last week. The real motive behind it was the little cafe across from the playground. We knew we could watch the kids run around while we enjoyed a cocktail and have a conversation without the inevitable interruption every two minutes or so. We were a quarter of the way through our beer and margarita when we heard a giant, boisterous, and repeated, "ROAR, ROAR, ROAR!!!" The man and I looked at each other and simply said, "Whitt" in unison, nothing out of the ordinary to us, but then as I looked around, I noticed the other patrons at the cafe looking at each other with a mixture of surprise, shock, concern. Their faces said it all, "What in the world is that!!?! Do I go help? Do I call 911?" And, who am I kidding, I am sure this was the same scene three stores down due to the sheer volume of the "ROAR!" Next I noticed two little boys scrambling from the lookout tower where they had all been playing, leaving only Mae behind with Whitt. The playground noise returned to the usual level of excited shrieks and yells, and the man and I went back to our cocktails and each other. On the way back to the beach house I asked Whitt what he was "roaring" about. His response, "I was pretending to be an oogily monster who was rescuing Rapunzel."
Makes perfect sense to me!

1 comment: