Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Date with a Redhead....

So, the five of us have been at the beach for the past week which has been absolute perfection! Any sort of schedule or rule was thrown out the window. It has been a week of lounging, snuggling, playing, basking, laughing, eating, good wine, good coffee, watercolor painting, kite-flying, shell-hunting, swimming, cooking, reading-a week of all the best indulgences in life. It was two years into our marriage when we decided that as much as we love, love our extended family (they are the best!) we needed to keep a week of vacation for just our little family. It is truly my favorite week of the year, this little retreat of ours. I always come away feeling restored, relaxed, refocused and more connected.
This year started a little different. Bruce and I flew down early Saturday morning while Michael and the "big" kids drove down with the load. The plan was for Bruce and I to get all the business done before the others arrived that night-open the house, grocery shopping, etc. But as we pulled up to the house, I decided to take advantage of having Bruce all to myself. I unlocked the doors, found the keys to the beach buggy and off we went for a little lunch date. It was salad and calamari for me, and green peas and calamari for Bruce. As I sat talking and cooing to my precious redhead, it crossed my mind that one day another woman will be sitting across from him in the spot that is so dear to me. As I said a prayer for the sweet baby girl somewhere out there that I will one day be blessed to call my daughter-in-law, I just couldn't help but think to myself, "He is all eyes for me right now, girlfriend. You are just going to have to wait a couple of decades."
Yes indeed, this little redhead is all mine (for the moment that is)!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I hope that you had a blast! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGHH that was so sweet, made me tear up. I could just eat him up!!! Cant wait for you to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If baby Moore is a girl... pretty please????

    ReplyDelete