Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Cherry-picked spoon full of sugar

The beach wind blows; Red curls sways in the breeze as cherry drips from lips to sand...the stain of red forming a clown smile on this boy of ours.

This boy of ours, turning three...this boy who makes time stand still...this boy who was cherry-picked just for us for a time by the One who is time.

"In His love, He will rest in silent satisfaction."

We all make time stand still when we accept the love of the One who is both Alpha and Omega; I have accepted His love with this boy blessing who cannot be rushed.

I simply, I fully delight in this boy of ours...

A day later, we sit in the airport as Bird squawks over earphones. She marches over to Red curls and Blue-eyes demanding an exchange. "Mary Poppins" and her bag captivating them. Without hesitation, Red curls gallantly hands over his earphones as if they were keys to the Kingdom...this boy who is not easily won over...and, yet when he loves, he gives everything to honor another with fierce loyalty.

As the three settle into the singing bliss of "a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down," Red curls quietly looks at his prize possessions of brother and sister wrapping his arms around, pulling them closer.

The old familiar lump forms in my throat...the hard pill to swallow... the pill of this boy very possibly being our last...and yet, he is the sugar that makes that medicine go down.

I simply, I fully delight in this boy of ours...

Red curls, you are a cherry-picked spoon full of sugar, made by and for Him. We have delighted in you since the day of your birth; He has delighted in you since the beginning of time.

We couldn't love you more, but He does.

Happy 3rd Birthday, beautiful boy!

The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a mighty One, a Savior. He will take great delight in you. In His love, He will rest in silent satisfaction. He will rejoice over you with joyful singing.Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    This is Shanna Norris Scott. I was a Theta one pledge class below you. It is so random how I came across your blog. Chris Baker, who married Kelli Shiver, is from Memphis. They live here now and Curt met with him yesterday to present and talk about the Downline ministry. They sent a link to a video of testimonials about the Bible study and Curt called me and said, "I really think that is Jill Whittington on the video - watch it! It's gotta be her!" He googled your new name and came across your blog and sent me a link. Wow! I've only read a couple entries, but am so thankful to have "randomly" ; ) come across this! I love seeing how the Lord has worked and is working in your life! I have loved the nentries that I've read. What an awesome testimony! Since just after college, I too am pursuing Christ, because thankfully, He has pursued me in His mercy and grace! I am trying to be a godly wife, mama (girl 4, boy 2, and girl 1 next week!) friend, daughter , etc. only by His mercy and grace. He has done a work in mine and Curt's life - and is still working, thankfully bc we need Him everyday! : ) This is such an encouragement to have come across this! So good to have an update on you and blessings to you and your precious family! shanna.scott80@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete