Monday, August 1, 2011

Maeisms

Just a few quotes from Mae over the past couple of weeks:
*Upon me looking down at the purple ribbon stolen from her favorite doll which was then wrapped around her ankle so tighthly that her foot was also taking on a purplish hue, she says, "This is my anklet! Don't you like it!?!"
*While in Florida, a little discussion took place between Shea and Mae about Christie, Shea's mom....
Shea: "My mom doesn't eat breakfast. She just drinks coffee."
Mae: In her most disapproving voice and shaking her head, "That's just WRONG!"
Hey, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
*Last week, I was reading a book to the kiddos when we were transported to England when Mae said to Whitt, "I received this very book on my birthday last year."
*The grand finale is her quote as I gave Michael a goodbye kiss, "Why do the two of you always chew each others' faces off!?!"
*Oh, and not to be outdone by his sister, Whitt informed us in his most exasperated tone as he kept trying to stack a wall of blocks to the ceiling that, "there is a little man living in the box at the top that keeps shaking and knocking them down!"
Just had to share!

2 comments: