Friday, April 1, 2011

0.01%

Love these people! I think it says alot that after seven full days together I still could have used more time with them (hopefully the feeling was mutual). Notice: I am in a daydreaming Ginger Lemongrass Margarita haze which is why I am the ONLY one not looking at the camera. Yes, I said Ginger Lemongrass Margarita. It even had a little piece of candied ginger on a stick in it-AMAZING!
Love me some Maui!
I got a quick soulful look, then
back to a hundred miles per hour!
View from the pool to the beach, not to shabby!
Sweet little back and fingertips
At the top of the volcano, Michael put this picture on facebook with 10,063 feet above sea level underneath. He totally made it look like I had hiked up the side of this sucker. The reality is we drove the sixteen miles up the side, and hiked the last thirty feet. I got a good man, always trying to make me look impressive.
Sunsets like this every night, and just to make my running friends jealous, there was a beautiful three mile beach front run in front of all the hotels. It undulated over all the little cliffs and looked out over the ocean. It was amazing at sunrise! I am kind of schizophrenic when it comes to the music I listen to while running, everything from rap (I even have an Eminem song on there), to country like Wagon Wheel, to bluegrass, to 80's, to Rock, and of course, my praise music. Right now, I am really into Matt Maher's song, "Come Awake," and I can't imagine a more perfect way to listen to it than running along the ocean at sunrise during the beginning of lenten season.
"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."
Ephesions 5:14
Oh, and just to rub the salt in the wound a little more. It was whale season, and you could catch a glimpse of them every so often.
B, in only the way B can, OWNED the baby pool!
Mae taking photography lessons from Grandaddy.
Doesn't this picture look a little bit like the Housewives of Orange Beach, with the fountain in the background and the wind blowing our hair!?!
There is no way a blog or photos could capture how incredible, amazing, awesome, beautiful, stupendous, outrageous, lovely, happy, peaceful, and energetic this trip was. I was only able to capture about 0.01% of how special it was to me in this little entry.
Thank you GaGa and Grandaddy for making it all possible and more importantly for just being exactly who you are. You mean the world to us, Happy 60th!

1 comment:

  1. We need to find the recipe for that delicious drink! I can still taste it!

    And... we didn't get enough of you all either....wish we lived closer.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete